He ends the movie with the conclusion of the reason signs and wonders exist is because God wants to show the world He loves them.
"Furious Love" was the sequel. And it was all about the Love of God invading the darkest most wretched places on earth.
I'll let you watch it for yourself but the whole movie inspired me and helped rework my thinking. I just remember thinking, "I always press in for signs and wonders, but do I ever just love?"
Jesus was the kind of guy who loved seep out of everything He did. Whether is was hanging out at a party where there were drunks and prostitutes talking to Him(And most likely gnarly sin happening in the next room over), or He was commanding a lame man who had been lowered through a roof in front of Jesus to "Pick up your mat and walk"
This always perplexes me in the sense of, people highlight such points and implications in scripture but they never decide to add all the points up and look at the whole picture.
We are the body of christ and therefore reflect portions of Christ love and grace and goodness, but christians in so many arena's downplay the validity of unity and refuse to act as a community of believers, even when we don't agree.
Jesus is the perfect theology and if what we believe or walk out doesn't reflect the character and nature of Jesus, I would say something is wrong with what mountains we choose to die on.
Blabber I know but it's my first blog. My whole point is, Jesus was the example set by which we are to live by, if you respond to your brother without love, you do not act as Jesus did because God is love. Mockery and hidden gossip counts as well. If you are just trying to find someone to agree with what you see is wrong, that's not how Jesus acted, that's simply you trying to find comfort when life is uncomfortable.
I like Kris Vallotton's saying "As christians, we were never meant to be comfortable, hence the reason God sent us 'the comforter'."
To bring it back to the top, Signs and wonders are what I pursue because that is my calling as I believe every christians calling to a degree(I give you permission to disagree with me). But if these or anything else come out of anything other then love for God and love for another, you will walk in a realm that will take you straight to hell, or at least pretty darn close.
Wow, Im definitely becoming a christian now :) You are such a good writer, and really got a good point across. I think you should get this in the newspaper or something. Really liked this.
ReplyDelete